Friday 29 March 2013

Caroline Lacaze - En Route (Légère Recordings)




I recently featured Caroline Lacaze's new single 'L'Etrange' on the Stop.Look.Listen. Podcast, but am since ashamed to admit I only included the instrumental (*blush*). For some reason vocals sang in a different language have always jarred with me in the past. Thankfully, having just received Caroline's full-length album, I'm delighted to say it's finally time to put those demons to rest.

'En Route' is Caroline's first album and comes following a string of successful 45 releases and live appearances, including a spot on Craig Charles' famed Radio 6 Funk & Soul Show. The album is truly eclectic and soundtracked as a roadtrip mixtape - as I grapple to find the most suitable adjectives to describe the album, let me quote the press release directly: 

The mixture on “En Route” is eclectic: nonchalant 60s beat, mysterious psych-pop, raucous funk and longing French chanson, all held together by the energetic raw soul sound and the skillful ‘mise-en-scene’ of the Mocambo Electric Sound Orchestra.

I couldn't have put it better myself. ;-)

Safe to say this is a wonderfully inspired and inspiring selection of tracks spanning a multitude of moods and styles. Looking forward to hearing much more from the 'swinging mademoiselle' in the future - a rising star for sure!

En Route is out 19th April on Légère Recordings | lounge-records.de
DJ Equipment - Serato Scratch Live SL-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...