Saturday 16 March 2013

Cocolores - Take Your Shirt Off (Compost Black)




I’m hugely excited to announce that Compost have now taken me under their wing and invited me to start reviewing their upcoming releases. Compost has been a huge influence on my musical leanings right from the first Koop EP I heard way back (when I was doing my very own Koop impression working in a Portsmouth record store!).

Anyhow, for this first review we’re taking things on a housier tip. ‘Take Your Shirt Off’ is a deep, chuggy groover, with a throbbing b-line, smooth chords, atmospheric synth and FX snippets backing the haunting, distorted lead vocal – hypnotizing you to, well, Take Your Shirt Off.

With early support from Tensnake, Anja Schneider and Jesse Rose, the package comes loaded with ‘Keep On Running’ another 808-heavy rhythm with more hypnotic overtones, huge piano riffs and an infectious groove. Looking forward to playing this out very soon!

‘Take Your Shirt Off’ is out 22nd March via Compost Black. | http://www.compost-rec.com/category/catalogue/compost-black-label/

DJ Equipment - Serato Scratch Live SL-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...