Saturday 20 July 2013

Saturday Sample : Freddie Hubbard - Little Sunflower (Columbia, 1979)


We recently featured the Harlum Muziq Remix of Ovidio's 'Reflexiones' on Moulton Music. It was driving me mad - I absolutely adore the sample featured and couldn't for the life of me remember where I'd heard it before and where it was originally ripped from.



Cue SLL reader Saul, who kindly stepped-up and informed me that the sample is in fact from Freddie Hubbard's 'Little Sunflower', a low-fi jazzy soul number released on Columbia in 1979. Anyhow, through the power of WhoSampled I managed to find the track I originally remember the sample from - Trackheadz's 'Our Music', released on NRK in 2002.



Also check the sample on Karizma's '4 The Love', a funky house classic released on Code Red in 2005.



Enjoy, and have a great weekend peeps!
DJ Equipment - Serato Scratch Live SL-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...